Hi everyone. I hope you’re all having a great Monday! Let’s get stuck straight in and have a think about the new theme.
This week’s theme is Thoughtful
For this week’s theme I’ve gone for more of a concept than a visual subject. You could take the word very literally and take a picture that illustrates it directly. For instance, in this beautiful image by Steven Coffey he has captured a wonderful moment of quiet contemplation in this little boy’s face.
Of course, you could do as I sometimes do and use the concept as a shooting style. I’m as guilty as anyone of shooting too much - digital photography can make us all snap happy when the mood strikes! However, from time to time I’ll gives myself some constraints (such as using a single focal length) and make myself shoot in a more thoughtful way. This scene, in Watchfield Church in Oxfordshire, was one such moment. I shot this with my 15mm lens (a 30mm effective focal length for those shooting full frame) and made the most of the location I was in. This simple, contemplative scene was the result.
So, there are a couple of ideas to get you started - let’s see what creativity this inspires in you all!
How to participate:
- Please submit your photo by midnight GMT on Sunday 4th February.
- To submit a photo, hit the Reply button below and upload your image(s). Please limit each post to one image.
- Please try to also share your picture on your page over the main Photoblog platform and encourage others to visit the theme thread to participate and vote.
- To vote, click the heart icon.
- If you post your picture early in the week don’t forget to pop back to see what others have shared and to cast your votes!
Winners of the last theme
Last week’s Words theme really got people thinking and it resulted in a wonderful variety of images. The voting was incredibly close and we have no fewer than five winners this week, all tied on seven votes! They are:
Congratulations to everyone!