Weekly Theme 29th January 2018 - Thoughtful

(Helen Hooker) #1

Hi everyone. I hope you’re all having a great Monday! Let’s get stuck straight in and have a think about the new theme.

This week’s theme is Thoughtful

For this week’s theme I’ve gone for more of a concept than a visual subject. You could take the word very literally and take a picture that illustrates it directly. For instance, in this beautiful image by Steven Coffey he has captured a wonderful moment of quiet contemplation in this little boy’s face.

Of course, you could do as I sometimes do and use the concept as a shooting style. I’m as guilty as anyone of shooting too much - digital photography can make us all snap happy when the mood strikes! However, from time to time I’ll gives myself some constraints (such as using a single focal length) and make myself shoot in a more thoughtful way. This scene, in Watchfield Church in Oxfordshire, was one such moment. I shot this with my 15mm lens (a 30mm effective focal length for those shooting full frame) and made the most of the location I was in. This simple, contemplative scene was the result.

So, there are a couple of ideas to get you started - let’s see what creativity this inspires in you all!

How to participate:

• Please submit your photo by midnight GMT on Sunday 4th February.
  • To submit a photo, hit the Reply button below and upload your image(s). Please limit each post to one image.
  • Please try to also share your picture on your page over the main Photoblog platform and encourage others to visit the theme thread to participate and vote.
  • To vote, click the :heart: heart icon.
  • If you post your picture early in the week don’t forget to pop back to see what others have shared and to cast your votes!

Winners of the last theme

Last week’s Words theme really got people thinking and it resulted in a wonderful variety of images. The voting was incredibly close and we have no fewer than five winners this week, all tied on seven votes! They are:

@andisaw

@peterphotowalks

@heidiegerman

@anned

@girafferacing

Congratulations to everyone!

(Diksha Passi) #2

congratulations y’all :heart_eyes:

For this theme Thoughtful I have this picture I took last week of two siblings, I always wanted to have a sister but I love my little brother more and I always try to be near him, watching over him. These girls remind me the love they share, the unbreakable bond you have with your siblings.

**elder sister helping the little one**

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #3

Šibenik (Croatia).

(Abigail Gossage) #4

A quiet conversation…

(Lisa Britton) #5

I love fresh flowers and think there is nothing more thoughtful than getting flowers for any occasion, birthdays, holidays or just because.

(Berckmans Peter) #6

Okay this one needs a bit of info. We just given the ashes of my father in law to the river and everybody was going with their hands through the water and wishing him the best and saying goodbey. It was a moving moment. Strangely it is for my Thai family a happy moment, sometihing we are not used to.

(Jean Steffan) #7

(Frozen Memory) #8

The best use of vertical garden space Outdoor plant walls and provides healthy growing environment

(Diksha Passi) #9

I just love them. I want one :heart_eyes:

(Diksha Passi) #10

I love the lightened pots thanks for sharing. When I was little I loved lighting pots , I just love the fire lights. The crimson color it omits love it.

(Diksha Passi) #11

Have you heard the track by “Young Fathers” track name is “In my view” ? It’s about perceptions. Mine is different from you and vice n versa. I really want to know yours, the picture is reaching out to me, I want to know what’s your perception about your picture.

(Helen Hooker) #12

I found my thoughtful photo in Thaxted Church yesterday - this simple pottery statue seemed to suit the concept very well .

(Abigail Gossage) #13

They are very comfy!

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #14

sorry Diksha I didn’t saw your reply.
Maybe this is the answer to your question https://www.photoblog.com/strohschneider-laue/2018/01/29/breathe-weekly-theme-thoughtful/