Weekly theme 29th July 2019 - Joy

(Helen Hooker) #1

Hello everyone - I hope you’re all having a great start to the week. Many apologies for failing to set a new theme last week. I was in the midst of preparing or the summer school I’m teaching n this week and simply ran out of time! So, without further ado, let’s set the theme for this week……

This week’s theme is Joy

We’re going for a descriptive theme this time, with the concept of joy. This word means many things to many people, so it’ll be a personal interpretation for each of you. Here are some ideas I came up with though…

This picture, by Ben White, just seems to embody the concept of joy for me. This little boy is evidently having such fun and there’s a wonderful sense of abandon about his laughter.

Of course, joy could be shown in something that simply makes you smile with happiness. I challenge anyone not to feel uplifted and joyful by this beautiful image of sunflowers by Elijah Hail.

Joy doesn’t have to be something that’s restricted to humans. Our cat, Lucy, loves nothing better than to fight with our doormat when she’s in the right mood!

So there you have a few ideas. No doubt you’ll have plenty more of your own and I’m looking forward to seeing your interpretations of this theme.

How to participate:

• Please submit your photo by midnight GMT on Sunday 4th August
  • To submit a photo, hit the Reply button below and upload your image(s). Please limit each post to one image.
  • Please try to also share your picture on your page over the main Photoblog platform and encourage others to visit the theme thread to participate and vote.
  • To vote, click the :heart: heart icon.
  • If you post your picture early in the week, don’t forget to pop back to see what others have shared and to cast your votes!

Winner of the last theme

We had a wonderful array of entries for our extended leading lines theme and a resounding winner in @turtlesnaps. Bethany’s autumnal footpath is full of glorious, rich colours and that path is the perfect leading line. Congratulations!

(Kenny H) #2

Enjoy what you do - anywhere.

(Lisa Britton) #3

(Lakshmi Bhat) #4

Our grandchildren :blush:

(Gianluigi Gg) #5

(Bethany Plonski) #6

Even though they’re getting big now, our kittens still bring me so much joy. :smile: