Hello everyone - I hope you’re all enjoying the new week. Let’s not waste any time and get straight on with setting the new theme.
This week’s theme is Urban landscapes
Mention landscape photography to most people and they think of sweeping countryside vistas. However, there’s no rule that says landscapes can’t include urban areas. With that in mind, we’re taking this different approach to the genre for this week’s theme.
How you interpret this is entirely up to you. You might pick a city scene, perhaps a wide angle cityscape, or maybe a shot that focuses on an area of your chosen urban landscape. This this image Matthew Henry has made good use of the inclement weather to add atmosphere, and including the reflections in the foreground puddles adds depth too.
Of course, you might decide to photograph one of the less glamorous areas of your chosen urban landscape. This picture, by Palash Jain is a great piece of storytelling and the dark framing can’t help but making us wonder about where this young man is off to.
I’m aware that not all of us live in cities, so please don’t be afraid to share your own local urban landscape. This is a photo I took in the Welsh market town of Llandovery on a sunny day last autumn. The lady cyclist was the finishing touch I was after, adding the human element to an otherwise deserted street scene.
So there are a handful of ideas to get your ideas flowing - now it’s your turn to go out and find your own urban landscape to share with us!
How to participate:
- Please submit your photo by midnight GMT on Sunday 8th September
- To submit a photo, hit the Reply button below and upload your image(s). Please limit each post to one image.
- Please try to also share your picture on your page over the main Photoblog platform and encourage others to visit the theme thread to participate and vote.
- To vote, click the heart icon.
- If you post your picture early in the week, don’t forget to pop back to see what others have shared and to cast your votes!
Winners of the last theme
Yet again we have three winners for last week’s Flora theme, featuring some beautiful blooms. Congratulations to you all!