Weekly theme 30th September - Alone

(Helen Hooker) #1

Hello everyone. I must start by apologising for not setting a new theme last Monday. I was teaching on music courses, away from home, and without my usual routine I simply lost track of which day it was. By the time I realised it was already Wednesday so a delay seemed the simplest option!

Without further delay, let’s get on a set the new theme for the coming week…

This week’s theme is Alone

This concept should give you plenty of creative scope - after all being alone can bring a welcome respite from the hubbub of daily life or it can be something you dread. Don’t overlook the joys that being alone can bring either - be it time to shoot with your camera, or even to read a good book. Here are a few sample images I came up with from my own library….

Alone can be lonely, like young Stanley the teddy bear…

But it could the quiet time to catch up with a good book, without interruptions…

Of course being alone can be great for one’s photography too!

So there are a handful of ideas to get you started - now it’s your turn to go out and shoot something for the theme!

How to participate:

• Please submit your photo by midnight GMT on Sunday 6th October.
  • To submit a photo, hit the Reply button below and upload your image(s). Please limit each post to one image.
  • Please try to also share your picture on your page over the main Photoblog platform and encourage others to visit the theme thread to participate and vote.
  • To vote, click the :heart: heart icon.
  • If you post your picture early in the week, don’t forget to pop back to see what others have shared and to cast your votes!

Winner of the last theme

Last week’s atmospheric theme brought in a number of entries, the most popular of which was this portrait by @peterphotowalks. Congratulations Peter!

(Lakshmi Bhat) #2

(Berckmans Peter) #3

Thiis was not an easy topic. Tried different views on it, then remembered this photo.

(Bethany Plonski) #4

(Olga Helys) #5

Musée des Beaux-Arts Orléans F45

Photo by © Hei Li, Helys Photos, 2018

(Gary Luker) #6

Sonoran Son - Gary Luker

(Kenny H) #7