Weekly theme 3rd December 2018 - Fruit

(Helen Hooker) #1

Hello everyone!

Before I set the new theme, I must apologise for failing to do so last week. With all the planning for my work trip to Norway I’m afraid it completely slipped my mind. By the time I realised I’d forgotten it was too late to do anything about it! Normal service has been resumed now and I’ve got themes planned for the coming weeks. Let’s jump in and get the ball rolling for this week….

This week’s theme is Fruit

After a technique related theme I thought we’d go for a simple subject this week. The approach you take for this may depend on where you live in the world. If your country is at a time of year when fruit is ripening on the plants you may be able to use that to your advantage.

Abigail Miller created this beautiful orchard scene, which makes me yearn for the warmer months of the year. By shooting with a shallow depth of field she’s thrown all the focus onto the cherries ripening on the tree in the foreground, but we still have a definite sense of context.

Alternatively, you could seek out a local market and photograph the delicious fruit on sale there. Here Fancycrave has done just that.

Of course, if it’s just too cold to get outside and shoot, you could always buy some fruit and create your own close up shot. Brooke Lark has done a fantastic job here, creating a beautiful still life scene here, with some juicy red cherries as the focal point.

I hope that’s given you some food for thought (pun intended!) and whetted your appetite to go and shoot something fabulous of your own. Hopefully this week’s entries will be a mouth-watering affair!

How to participate:

• Please submit your photo by midnight GMT on Sunday 9th December
  • To submit a photo, hit the Reply button below and upload your image(s). Please limit each post to one image.
  • Please try to also share your picture on your page over the main Photoblog platform and encourage others to visit the theme thread to participate and vote.
  • To vote, click the :heart: heart icon.
  • If you post your picture early in the week don’t forget to pop back to see what others have shared and to cast your votes!

Winners of the last theme

I’m delighted to say we have two winners for our elongated ‘depth of field’ theme. Most entrants exploited a shallow depth of field (as indeed I would have if I’d had time to shoot something new for it!) and our two winners fall into this category. Congratulations to you both!

@peterphotowalks - a wonderful close up of Voigtlander lens

@arapik - some glorious, golden autumnal colours in the landscape

(Berckmans Peter) #2

Thanks for liking my photo

(Arleta) #3

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

(Lakshmi Bhat) #4

Our grandson was happy to see the cocoa fruit. Our daughter had told him they were necessary to make chocolates.

(Lisa Britton) #5

Winter in California still brings the joy of full fruit trees

(Berckmans Peter) #6

Nice juicy sweet watermelons.

(Kenny H) #7

268330-1362011541-0

(Russell Smith) #8

(Bethany Plonski) #9

(Helen Hooker) #10

I’m getting hungry looking at all of these! :slight_smile: