Weekly theme 3rd September 2018 - Repetition

(Helen Hooker) #1

Happy Monday, everyone - I hope you’ve all had a fantastic week. Let’s crack on and get going with the new week’s theme.

This week’s theme is Repetition

Repetition can be a very powerful photographic tool. There’s something very satisfying about repeating patterns in their simplest form. These repeating windows, shot by Lorenzo Spoleto, offer endless details to enjoy as your eye explores the frame.

Sometimes you can use repetition to lead your viewer’s eye into the picture - an alternative to leading lines, as Jacek Reszko has here with these old, dusty bottles.

Of course, there are plenty of examples of repetition to be found in nature. I love the way Fabrizio Conti has captured these lush, green leaves, using a shallow depth of field to focus our eyes on the delicate patterns.

So there are a few ideas to get your started - now it’s your turn to go out and be creative with repetition!

How to participate:

• Please submit your photo by midnight GMT on Sunday 9th September August
  • To submit a photo, hit the Reply button below and upload your image(s). Please limit each post to one image.
  • Please try to also share your picture on your page over the main Photoblog platform and encourage others to visit the theme thread to participate and vote.
  • To vote, click the :heart: heart icon.
  • If you post your picture early in the week don’t forget to pop back to see what others have shared and to cast your votes!

Winner of the last theme

Last week’s industrial theme brought some wonderful contributions - thank you to everyone who participated. It would seem @peterphotowalks is on something of a roll at the moment as his entry was the winner for the second week in a row - congratulations Peter!

(Helen Hooker) #2

Having been late posting for last week’s theme, I thought I’d strike while the iron’s hot this week. This is one of the sunflowers in our garden - I love the way the seeds curl around in repeating curves.

(Berckmans Peter) #3

Thanks everybody for liking the photo.

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #4

(Camellia) #5

(Kenny H) #6

Police motorcycles, Philadelphia.

(Berckmans Peter) #7

In this temple were fore sure a thousand small buddha images on the wall. In architecture and architectural sculpture is quite a lot of repetition.

(Peter Mergaerts) #8

Noticed the curved lines on the old roof behind the house.

Photo-a-day entry

(Deli Tlb) #9

This is a coloured wicker basket that I keep in my kitchen and store vegetables like onions and potatoes in it. I absolutely love the bamboo patterns on it :slight_smile:

(Ram Ya) #10

This was the first time me trying this Lee filter. Even though the repetitions are not that visible, I think the smoothed clouds and water give them some emphasis. Enjoy!

(Abigail Gossage) #11

Stairs to a viewing platform over a dam in Romania

(Bethany Plonski) #12

Elephants at BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, Atlanta

(Mitali Sawant) #13

hello all,
we have multi social media services and we sure that we have boosted couple of company and products world wide. we work with many country people and company. and we are happy to share with you that we have been successfully provided geniune services. So contact us and try to join us and see the result. buy indian instagram followers

(Neckole Sterling) #14

Grand Park in DTLA, the park for everyone

(Berckmans Peter) #15

Good eye,another kind of repetition

(Russell Smith) #16