Hello everyone. I’m back from my music summer school now and ready to enjoy the summer without the pressure of work for a few days. That prospect inspired me to select this week’s new theme…
This week’s theme is Summer
Straight off, I realise that it isn’t summer time all over the world, so if you’re currently in the depths of winter, please feel free to get creative or root around in your archives. However, for those of us lucky enough to be enjoying some warm summer weather, this is a good chance to get out and shoot something fresh. Here are a few ideas that came to me.
Mention the word summer and images of sunny beaches will often come to mind, such as this one by Ethan Robertson. Rather than going for the traditional beach scene, he’s chosen to focus on one of the things we inevitably need when we’re enjoying an afternoon in the sunshine.
Summertime is also the season where a refreshing iced tea or Pimms can be just what we need. This beautiful image by Jill Wellington immediately makes me think of warm days in the garden.
The summer is also a time of plenty in nature - everything bursts forth with colour and fresh foliage. I took this picture in the gardens at Hyde Hall a few years back and I can almost feel the warm sunshine as I look at it.
The possibilities are almost endless for this one, so it’s over to you now to create some summer images to share with us. I can’t wait to see what you all come up with!
How to participate:
- Please submit your photo by midnight GMT on Sunday 11th August
- To submit a photo, hit the Reply button below and upload your image(s). Please limit each post to one image.
- Please try to also share your picture on your page over the main Photoblog platform and encourage others to visit the theme thread to participate and vote.
- To vote, click the heart icon.
- If you post your picture early in the week, don’t forget to pop back to see what others have shared and to cast your votes!
Winner of the last theme
Our joy theme from last week had a small selection of entries, but this picture by @popparatzee proved to be the most popular. Congratulations Ken!