Weekly theme 6th May 2019 - Blue

(Helen Hooker) #1

Good morning everyone - I hope you’re enjoying a great start to your week!

It’s a while since we’ve had a simple colour related theme so….

This week’s theme is Blue

Having a single colour as our theme gives you almost endless choices - be it in nature or the urban world around us. Here are three images I discovered which would work perfectly for a blue theme.

Nature is a great place to start, especially when it comes to flowers. Andreas Hensel has shared this stunning picture of an Anemone. The dark background adds drama and draws our eyes to the detail in the stamen and that glorious shade of blue.

There are plenty of opportunities for photos of blue subjects in the manmade world too. Cities often have reflective glass buildings which will complement and reflect a deep blue sky perfectly. Here, Sweet Ice Cream Photography has chosen a very simple composition, but the patterns in the building endlessly pick out shades of blue from that azure sky.

If you’re up for something more dramatic, why not take a trip to the seaside? Patrick Neufelder has captured some wonderfully dramatic waves and a beautiful mix of blue hues within them.

So there are some ideas to get you started. The colour blue can be found all around us when you start looking, so why not go out with your camera and see what you can find! I’m looking forward to seeing what we all come up with.

How to participate:

• Please submit your photo by midnight GMT on Sunday 12th May
  • To submit a photo, hit the Reply button below and upload your image(s). Please limit each post to one image.
  • Please try to also share your picture on your page over the main Photoblog platform and encourage others to visit the theme thread to participate and vote.
  • To vote, click the :heart: heart icon.
  • If you post your picture early in the week, don’t forget to pop back to see what others have shared and to cast your votes!

Winners of the last theme

We have no fewer than five winners for last week’s textures theme - and what a wonderful collection of pictures they are. Congratulations everyone!

@russsmith

@helys

@peterphotowalks

@turtlesnaps

@heidiegerman

(Lakshmi Bhat) #2

The blue sky and the reflection is always fascinating and beautiful.

(Olga Helys) #3

Ceanothus, Rhamnaceae fam.
Ceanothe is one of the most beautiful ornamental shrubs thanks to its balls of tiny blue flowers, much appreciated by bees.
Photo by © Hei Li, Helys Photos 2019

(Piotr Matura) #4

In the blue sky

(Piotr Matura) #5

Second and last submission :slight_smile:

Autumn blue(s)

(Berckmans Peter) #6

Hope this is blue enough

(Kenny H) #7

1937 Peugeot Darl’mat 402 I shot at the Philadelphia Auto Show.
20190506_231015

(Bethany Plonski) #8

One of my favorite blues in nature - the Eastern Bluebird.

(Helen Hooker) #9

I found some beautiful blue stained glass in the Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral last week. I love the way the bubbles have been allowed to remain - somehow the imperfections make it even more beautiful.

(Heidi Egerman) #10

Extended theme for 6th May
(Kenny H) #11

20190513_192034

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #12

(Russell Smith) #13

(Lee Santiva) #14

Blue is not just a color, but music