Weekly theme 7th & 14th October - Autumn/Fall

(Helen Hooker) #1

Hi everyone - I hope you’re enjoying a good start to the week.

This week’s theme is Autumn/Fall

It’s that time of year again and the leaves are beginning to change from green to shades of gold so it only seems fair for us to have another outlet to share the seasonal changes around us. Here are a few beautiful images to inspire your shooting for the coming week.

Erik Witsoe found some glorious golden sunshine to add a glow to the fallen leaves in this wonderful picture, creating some long shadows across the forest floor too. If only every autumn day was like this!

Of course the weather doesn’t always cooperate at this time of year, but Aaron Burden has demonstrated that overcast days can produce gorgeous results too. The light may be subdued here, but the reflection is perfectly still and the picture is beautifully framed by those fallen leaves in the foreground.

There’s no reason why you can’t bring a little bit of autumn home with you to get creative in the warmth of your own living room. In this delightful still life Chris Lawton has created an autumnal rainbow.

So there’s some inspiration - now it’s time to go out and shoot!

How to participate:

• Please submit your photo by midnight GMT on Sunday 13th October.
  • To submit a photo, hit the Reply button below and upload your image(s). Please limit each post to one image.
  • Please try to also share your picture on your page over the main Photoblog platform and encourage others to visit the theme thread to participate and vote.
  • To vote, click the :heart: heart icon.
  • If you post your picture early in the week, don’t forget to pop back to see what others have shared and to cast your votes!

Winner of the last theme

Last week’s ‘alone’ theme may have been a challenging one, but @turtlesnaps came up with this suitably lonesome duck to win the day. Congratulations Bethany!

(Lakshmi Bhat) #2

Here in coastal Karnataka, South West of India, we do not have the autumn season. We have summer and monsoon season. The monsoon season is almost over. The weather is nice now but will soon become hot and will become hotter till the monsoon season starts next year.

(Berckmans Peter) #3

No nice autumn colors yet here yet, only grey and rainy, the trees are still dark green and turning very slow. This guy is one of the few signs that the season is changing;

(Gianluigi Gg) #4

_fall morning in central park_

(Bethany Plonski) #5

Thank you for liking my lonesome duck last week! :smile:

(Olga Helys) #6

The vine leaves turn yellow
Photo by © Hei Li, Helys Photos 2019

(Gary Luker) #7

Autumn Aspens

(Jolien Dekens) #8

This is the only tree in my surroundings that is already in autumn mode, everything else is still mostly green…
So it will have to do for this theme :stuck_out_tongue:

(Helen Hooker) #9

It would seem we’re still a bit early for autumn so I’ve raided my photos from last year for my offering!