Hello everyone. Thanks for all your entries for last week’s monochrome theme - we had a fantastic spread of styles and subjects. Do remember to pop back to the weekly theme at the end of each week to vote as it’s easy to miss out on some cracking images.
Let’s jump straight in and set the new theme…
This week’s theme is ‘Retro’
You could argue that the term retro depends on your age, as any given decade and style will be closer or more distant to our own lifetime. Of course, that should make for a great variety of entries for this week’s theme - I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone considers to be ‘retro’.
Here are some ideas I’ve found while trawling the net today….
It could be a fashion statement that catches your eye, making you think of times past. I spotted this chap at the Goodwood Racing Revival (where period outfits are heartily encouraged!) last autumn and it struck me he wouldn’t have looked out of place in a 1960s TV show!
Sometimes it doesn’t even need to be a whole scene to make us think retro. This shot by R. Mac Wheeler immediately makes me think 1950s American diner, although it could just as easily have been shot last week.
Of course, sometimes just the look of a photo can take us back to an earlier time. The mood of this beautful image by Gianpaolo La Paglia has the feel of photos printed from 35mm film in the 1970s and 80s for me.
These are just a handful of the possibilities. Why not really go to town, sharing your photos and telling us why you think they fulfil the retro theme?
How to participate:
- Please submit your photo by midnight GMT on Sunday 15th July
- To submit a photo, hit the Reply button below and upload your image(s). Please limit each post to one image.
- Please try to also share your picture on your page over the main Photoblog platform and encourage others to visit the theme thread to participate and vote.
- To vote, click the heart icon.
- If you post your picture early in the week don’t forget to pop back to see what others have shared and to cast your votes!
Winner of the last theme
Once again our winner for the week is no other than @peterphotowalks - well done Peter! His photo of Antwerp Station obviously caught everyone’s imagination.