Weekly Theme Requests

(Ben Mckechnie) #1

By now, many of you will have seen or taken part in the Weekly Theme contest. If you’re new to the site, we launch a new photography theme every Monday and invite you to submit photo posts. We then select a winner (by the number of likes) at the end of the week . It’s a great way to learn new skills, improve your photos, interact with other users, and enjoy yourselves!

I have a list of themes planned for the new year, but I’d also love to hear your suggestions. Is there a Weekly Theme you really want us to do? Post your requests below and I’ll do my very best to accommodate them.

(Ben Mckechnie) #2

For reference, here’s a list of the themes we’ve covered so far since launching Weekly Themes in August this year:

1. Black and White Architecture
  2. Leading Lines
  3. Food Photography
  4. Local Markets
  5. Patterns and Repetitions
  6. Shooting a Spectacular Sunrise
  7. Street Photography
  8. Macro Photography
  9. Prime Lens
  10. Fall Colors
  11. Natural Light
  12. Animal Photography
  13. The Color Red
  14. Minimalist Challenge
  15. Candid Portraiture
  16. Self Portraits
  17. The Human Element
  18. High Perspectives
  19. Light Trail photography
  20. Photographing Christmas Around The World
  21. Parties and Celebrations Photography Challenge

(Ram Ya) #3

I could certainly use more practice on Panning.
Would be great to have that as a theme sometime in the future.

(Ben Mckechnie) #4

Thanks for the request, Ram! I could also use more practice with
panning techniques. I’ve made a note of this for a future theme.
Hope you’ll be visiting some Polish Christmas markets for this
week’s theme.

(Ben Mckechnie) #5

2017 Week 1 Theme: See What a 365 Project Feels Like With A Mini ‘One Week Challenge’

(Timothy Bullock) #6

@canon6d Do you think it could be possible to do a " What is it" Challenge. People would sent in a picture every week, and we have to guess what it is, provided the answer is in the comment box.

(Loren Knoppi) #7

I love the idea of the “guess what it is” theme as well as the idea on panning!

I have to wait until my Canon comes back, but I wanted to learn how to do panoramic on it (if it’s even possible)

(Timothy Bullock) #8

@catspawspec Thanks for the reply!! I think it would be a great little challenge!!

(Ben Mckechnie) #9

For reference, here’s a list of the themes we’ve covered since the start of 2017:

1. 2017 Week 1: New Year’s Resolution – See What a 365 Project Feels Like With A Mini ‘One Week Challenge’
  2. 2017 Week 2: Winter Landscape Photography Challenge
  3. 2017 Week 3: Improve Photos By Mastering Manual Mode
  4. 2017 Week 4: Portrait - Headshots
  5. 2017 Week 5: Architecture - A Special Guest Post From Helen Hooker. Our current weekly theme: https://www.photoblog.com/learn/how-to-take-good-architectural-photography/

(Ben Mckechnie) #10

@photoman1 @catspawspec
Thanks Timothy and Loren!
I’ve made a note of ‘Guess What It Is’ and ‘Panoramic Photography’
for future weekly themes.

(Ben Mckechnie) #11

@canon6d Panning weekly theme scheduled for March 13th!

@photoman1 For your ‘Guess What It Is’ challenge theme, did you mean macro photos like this?

Everyone else: Keep your Weekly Theme requests coming - We’d love to consider your ideas.

(Timothy Bullock) #12

Yes that’s exactly what I meant! Great job!

(Richard Livings) #13

My birthday is at the end of January and I have used that, rather that the calendar year as my starting date - I am therefore a few weeks behind.

Can I suggest ‘transport’ or even better ‘commute’ as a weekly theme?

Cheers

(Ben Mckechnie) #14

Hi Richard! I already have transport scheduled for later in February. I really like your ‘commute’ idea. Will make a note of it. Thanks!

(Ivan Steenkamp) #15

How about moonlit landscapes? Or something or some lit by moonlight? I suppose you guys have already planned out all the colours for the year?
Some more Ideas:

• windows
    *contrast (colour or light)
    *Framed (using the environment, doors, plants)
    *abandoned (buildings, etc)
    *silhouettes
    *still life
    *Slow Shutter speed

I hope you can use some of these ideas! :smiley:

(Sherry Hill) #16

hope this isn’t a silly question, but i’m new here… where do we post the weekly them photos? just to our blog with the title weekly theme… ? or is there a specific place to post them? thanks in advance…

(Berckmans Peter) #17

Almost there,here in the community under weekly photochallenge

(Diksha Passi) #18

Food Landscapes :heart_eyes:

(Cortina Henzler) #19

Soooo many options, who doesn’t like food?!