Welcome to PhotoBlog Community! Please introduce yourself :)

(Can G) #344

Welcome Jon, I’m quite new here as well but am enjoying it already. Wish you a good time as well!

(Pete Fitzgetald) #345

Welcome Jon, we have a great group in here, I hope you like what you see.
Fitzy

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #346

Hallo Can,
bin schon gespannt noch mehr Fotos zu sehen - vor allem streetphotography, die meine absolute Schwäche ist.
Ich bin übrigens aus Frankfurt/Main und lebe in Wien.
lg Sigrid

(Melinda J Johnson) #347

Hello, PhotoBlog Community!

I’m a previously-professional photographer (from the days of film and dark rooms) who transitioned down to an advanced hobbyist after obtaining her doctorate in audiology and adopting two very silly boys. Friends, family, and the surrounding community have nagged at me for, literally, over a decade to offer my photos for profit, and to “write a book”. It just so happens, I’m not all that brave.

I’m a new member to Photoblog, dipping my toes in the water, in consideration of that very dream. My boys are now growing in independence, so here’s where I start weighing my choices. Do I return to structured employment outside the home, or a leap outside my comfort zone into self-employment via photography and writing. Yikes! I’m here for inspiration, advice, and the general meeting of minds amongst people who share my passion.

I live with my husband, sons, and two rescue dogs in the great, wild state of Wyoming, right by the gate of Yellowstone. My passion for the honest, courageous, and tenacious pursuit of Abundant Life fuels me, and keeps me from accepting anything less. Plus, my boys are watching. :wink:

Thank you for sharing your hearts with me through your words and images.
Melinda

(Lisa Britton) #348

Welcome, this is a great place to just have fun and play around.

(Berckmans Peter) #349

You are more than welcome. Already like you pics. Have fun here.

(Hans Kanis) #350

Well G’day photobloggers,

I stumbled onto this blogging platform after searching for a Google+ alternative since that is shutting down. I am pleased to be part of a photo sharing platform i love looking at other peoples photos and hope to learn from them. I posted a few photos yesterday and for those of you who liked them already, cheers.
Let’s get out there and start shooting

Hans

(Berckmans Peter) #351

Welcome Hans hope you have a good time here. We are all hereto learn

(Jon Fitton) #352

Welcome Hans. I find the site very useful…Jon

(Lisa Britton) #353

Welcome, This is a great place to make friends, share and enjoy photography.

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #354

yes, it’s sad that Google+ shutting down, but in the end, it wasn’t such a good forum to discuss with other photographers or “photo addicts”. I used Google+ too.

(Jennifer Raknerud) #355

My name is Jen, I am a hobby photographer who learns mainly by trying things over and over again. It brings me great peace in a stressful world. I’ve taken photos for a couple of weddings and have shot a few senior shots but decided making it about money dampened my spirits. I go through periods of being active on here and then long periods of silence. I hope no one holds that against me:grinning: I hope to spend more time in the future figuring out how this all works.

(Russell Smith) #356

Welcome raknerud . I too learn best by trying things over and over again :slight_smile:

(Jennifer Raknerud) #357

Thank you! I am curious on the daily challenge…where do you find that? Or is it something that reveals itself later as you spend more time on here? Just a little confused.

(Russell Smith) #358

@raknerud This link has the 365 prompts .

(Jennifer Raknerud) #359

Thank you!! I will have my husband print it and give it a good try! Have a great day! I guess it will just take time to figure my way around here. Ha! My brain hasn’t been the same since doing chemo two different cancer battles. At least that is my excuse.:grinning:

(Russell Smith) #360

I just keep a copy of the pdf on my computer desktop and if I am going on a vacation I will just make a note of the days on my phone.

(Jennifer Raknerud) #361

Thank you Russel! Hope you are having a great weekend.

(Terrell Miller) #362

I can to this site for more knowledge on literally anything. been doing this for 3 months and noticed that there is alot to learn

(Kenny H) #363

Welcome to Photoblog!