Welcome to PhotoBlog Community! Please introduce yourself :)

(Berckmans Peter) #395

And fun you can have here

(Abe Jackson) #396

Hello Everyone,

My name is Abe. I’m a retired social worker and database analyst. Photography is usually a foundation for me to create a painting or other kind of graphic art work. It is also a way for me to remember events of my life. I started posted on Photoblog over 10 years ago and used the platform to share and learn with and from others. Over the years I sure have met some wonderful and interesting people from all over the world. Photoblog has been my open art studio and I hope that I can continue to enjoy the creative environment.

(Piotr Matura) #397

Hello Abe,
I don’t feel like I’m in position to “welcome” you, because I’m really a newcomer here on Photoblog compared to you (I just joined in May of this year).
I just want to say that I admire very much community here on PB and completely understand what you are talking about - that it is a place to find friendly, like-minded people to share creative work with, learn and draw ideas and inspiration. For me, it’s all there. I sincerely wish you to also find all those things again, after coming back to Photoblog :slight_smile:

(Abe Jackson) #398

Thankyou so very very much.

(Russell Smith) #399

Welcome back and enjoy it is a great group of people here :slight_smile:

(Berckmans Peter) #400

Welcome back and enjoy it;

(Abe Jackson) #401

Thanks for the welcomes. :slight_smile:

(Iain Gilmour) #402

I am a retired Geologist, so exploration of landscape and its many overlapping layers modified over immense periods of time, together with humankind’s influence on that landscape, resonates particularly deeply with me. However, I take photographs for the pure pleasure of it, a chance to express myself artistically and to try and convey something of the connection I have with the subject. I work mainly in monochrome – I like the inherently surreal nature of black and white photography and the artistic process involved from the taking of the initial photograph through to the final print. In the digital world, photography has increasingly become influenced by social media so, while my photostreams, which have been around for a while, contain a somewhat random walk through my photographs, I’m hoping this photoblog will enable me to bring some of my work together as a series of photo essays now that I have the time to spend on my favourite pastime,

(Berckmans Peter) #403

Hey welcome on pb, have seen your first post. Very good. You will find a nice community here, if you are a pro or not is all the same. Enjoy it

(Dave Sharpe) #404

Hi! I have been a (non-paying) member here for some time, and only uploaded a few photos - but I think now’s the time to start uploading more frequently. Don’t have the funds to pay, but hopefully will be able to enter into the community and perhaps contribute to some themes. Looks a good place to be!!!

My name’s Dave, I shoot primarily with a Fujifilm X-E3 (and hopefully adding an oldskool X10 to the mix pretty soon!!).

(Betty Meade) #405

Hi Dave! I have been a member for 11 years, but slacked off over the years. Like you, I think it’s time I starting posting more often. I have a Canon 7d. I love photography and look forward to seeing your posts.

(Berckmans Peter) #406

Hey nice to hear. The pro price is really cheap, if you compare with other blogs. And together we are working to make it better. It is a nice place to be.

(Yashil Dreepaul) #407

Hi, my name is Yashil and I’m from Mauritius. I’m new to photography and I’ve been taking pictures during my trips for the past few years. I enjoy doing it and was looking for a platform to share and learn also. I came across this awesome PhotoBlog community with wonderful people like you. Really like the concept behind it. I’ve just published my first post today and still figuring out about the various features available. This is the start of a beautiful journey. Looking forward for an enriching experience and to have a great time in this community! :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers,
Yashil

(Yashil Dreepaul) #408

Hello @maharba
Welcome on board! :slightly_smiling_face:

(Piotr Matura) #409

Hello @hellion183! Welcome and have a great time here on PB! :slight_smile:

(Yashil Dreepaul) #410

Hello @piotrm1
Many thanks :slight_smile:

(Anthony Moberg) #411

Hello Everybody,

My name is Anthony. Im out here in the cold state of Minnesota. -1 outside today. :cold_face:
I dipped my feet in photography back in 2010. I then went on a 5 year hiatus. Then I start to go out more but then stopped for another few years. Now Im back in the game and have taken several steps in to really learning about photography. Im now fully comfortable working in manual mode on my camera. I enjoy using my 50mm prime lens as much as possible. I enjoy challenging myself to find creative angles for my pictures. Some how I enjoy taking pictures of peoples pets the most. Just posted my first blog today about an 8 hour race I race a few weeks ago. @canon6d, @tiffany2

(Berckmans Peter) #412

Welcome Anthony,you gonna enjoy this blog

(Piotr Matura) #413

Hi Anthony! Welcome and have fun :wink:

(Yashil Dreepaul) #414

Welcome on board @moberga1 :slight_smile: