Day two of the assault on my study began this morning. I continued to prune some of the larger sets of orchestral parts and eventually got as far as filing away all the music that’s already been catalogued. All the time I listened to podcasts (mostly about photography) to keep boredom at bay and my backlog of unlistened episodes is now down to a mere seven. At this rate I’ll be running out of listening material before I’ve finished! The rather depressing thing is the study itself doesn’t look hugely different to when I started. However, if you were to look inside the filing cupboards you’d find lots of carefully regimented folders of music. On top of this, the myriad of music piles in Kevin’s study and the spare room are down to just three now, from a peak of about ten yesterday so the end of the tunnel is in sight. My task for tomorrow (hopefully the final day of the battle) is to catalogue the remaining new music and file it away. Then I can finally begin the task of clearing my desk so I can do some work at it if I wish…..
7 February 2018