Ludford Magna

by In Reach Of The Skies March. 11, 2019 131 views

Ludford Magna in Lincolnshire became operational in June 1943 and was home to 101 squadron Lancasters. It was another FIDO equipped airfield. Following the war the airfield buildings were used to home Polish refugees for a number of years before it then became a Thor missile site. Not much remains today with the runways lifted and agriculture taking over.

Peter

  Be the first to like this post
Join the conversation
0
Be the first one to comment on this post!
Up
Copyright @Photoblog.com