Weekly Theme "Macro Photography" | Relaunch (Announcement), Help, Feedback.

Funny Bugs

  • Posted Nov. 19, 2011 by Jon Laysell Viewed 4655 times

  • This is a migrated legacy post. Image resolution is low. Info

I have no idea what these tiny little bugs are moving around on the underside of this leaf. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to know. If it helps, the leaf is from a twisted hazel plant.

Join the conversation!
    Login or Signup using following options to comment Login or Signup below to comment
    Login Sign up

    There are 5 comments, add yours!

    • # Ann Garratty

      They look like Bedfordshire Scale Insects

      (Hemiptera: Coccoidea) Scale insects are plant-sap feeding insects, closely related to the aphids, whiteflies and jumping plant lice or psyllids. They are among the most highly specialised of all plant parasites and feed on all parts of the plant including the roots, stems, leaves, buds and fruit. The adult females do not look like typical insects as they retain the immature external morphology at sexual maturity. Adult males, however, resemble small flies but never feed and die within a day or two of emergence... (with compliments of the Bedforshire Nautural History web page)

      2011.11.19 Edited Reply Cancel

    • # Ricardo

      i think they are aphids... or maybe some little larvaes from some bug... LOL or mites :p

      2011.11.19 Edited Reply Cancel

    • # Beth

      wonderful patterns!!! don't have a clue what the bug is though :)

      2011.11.19 Edited Reply Cancel