Adobe Lightroom is a powerful tool for photographers that can help you edit and organize your photos. In this list, we have put together 50 fantastic Lightroom tutorials–useful for both beginners and advanced LR users.
Tutorials are categorized into the following sections:
- Lightroom tutorials for beginners
- LR Tutorials for portrait editing
- Lightroom tutorials for landscape editing
- Lightroom mobile app tutorials
- Advanced Lightroom Tutorials
These tutorials will teach you, step-by-step, on how to create amazing images with Lightroom.
Lightroom Tutorials for Beginners
Are you new to Lightroom? In this section, you’ll find the best tutorials on how to improve your photos, export photos to Instagram, and use the tone curve.
1. Importing Your Photos into Lightroom
A quick video tutorial on how to import photos into Lightroom. The right way.
2. Culling Your Images
Culling is the process of selecting the best image out of a bunch of images. Lightroom has many ways of doing that. Here’s how.
3. How to Install Lightroom Presets
In just a few minutes you’ll get to know how to install Lightroom presets.
Looking for step-by-step instructions? Then we’ve got a post on how to install Lightroom presets!
4. Lightroom Tutorial on How to Export Your Images
Once you finished your editing in Lightroom, it’s time to export your photos. Here is a fast lesson on how to export photos from Lightroom.
5. Lightroom Tutorials on How to Export Photos to Instagram
Instagram has an aggressive compression algorithm which reduces image quality so learn how to bypass that with this video.
6. Lightroom Tutorial for Beginners – Overview of EVERYTHING in 15 Mins
This is an overview of how Lightroom works in just 15 minutes. So it’s the perfect video for beginners.
7. How to Edit Photos like a PRO | Lightroom Tutorial
Take your Lightroom editing to a whole new level with this simple video tutorial.
8. Using before and after in Lightroom
Learn how to compare your photos with the before & after feature in Lightroom.
9. LIGHTROOM VS. PHOTOSHOP – Which Is Better?
In this video, Jessica Kobeissi will compare Lightroom and Photoshop. So if you are still debating whether to use LR or PS, this is the video for you.
10. Lightroom Tips and Tricks
Here is a useful video with loads of tips and tricks that you wish you knew before starting to use Lightroom.
11. Lightroom Tutorial on How to Use The Tone Curve
Learn how to use the tone curve in Lightroom and get amazing results.
12. Lightroom Tutorials on How to Really Use the Gradient Filter
Learn how to use the Gradient filter in Adobe Lightroom and enhance your images.
13. Work with Sky in Adobe Lightroom
A lot of photographers struggle with cpaturing beautiful skies due to tricky lighting. So, here’s a detailed video that will explain how to edit skies in Lightroom.
14. Auto Mask Lightroom Tutorial – How to Mask Anything FAST
Auto masking in Lightroom will change your editing workflow once and for all.
Lightroom Tutorials for Portraits
Here are the best portrait tutorials for Lightroom that we found on Youtube. You will learn how to retouch images, get a cool cinematic look, and edit portraits like a pro.
15. Five Lightroom Tips for Editing Portraits
Here are 5 Lightroom tips to enhance your portraits. Most importantly, it covers must-know basics like white balance, exposure, saturation, and more.
16. Portrait Color Grading and Retouching in Lightroom
Color grading can dramatically improve your portraits. Here’s how to do that.
17. Lightroom Tutorial Portrait Film Cinematic Look
Get an amazing cinematic look in your portraits. Also, the video includes a free preset!
18. How to Edit like Gerard Moral: Instagram Lightroom Editing Tutorial
This video tutorial teaches you how to edit your portraits like Gerard Moral. In other words, give your portraits a moody, faded look.
19. Edit Neon Portraits in Adobe Lightroom
Learn how to create bright, neon portraits. In other words, turn your dark, dull night photos into something really cool. Created by talented Corey Saldana.
20. Portrait Retouching in Lightroom
You can use Lightroom to do portrait retouching too! Here’s how.
21. Lightroom 2018 Black and White Portrait Editing
A step-by-step Lightroom tutorial on how to edit black and white portraits.
22. Lightroom Editing Tutorial Low Light Moody Portraits
Learn how to turn your under-exposed portraits into a work of art with this tutorial.
23. How to Edit Indoor Portraits Lightroom Tutorial
Lightroom Tutorials for Landscape Photography
Scroll down to see the best landscape tutorials for Lightroom that allow you to enhance your nature photography dramatically.
24. Easy MilkyWay Processing for Beginners in Lightroom
Learn how to give your Milkyway photos that extra boost with this tutorial.
25. How to Edit Landscapes like @Aronsche Instagram Lightroom Editing Tutorial
Learn how to edit landscape images with warm green tones. In other words, give your photos a look like that of @aronsche.
26. How to Create Stunning Sunset Photos
Create fantastic sunset photography in Lightroom using this quick video tutorial by Serge Ramelli.
27. How to Edit Amazing Landscape Photos with Adobe Lightroom
Get your landscape and nature shots to a new level with this video guide created by Peter McKinnon.
28. Take Your Landscape Photography to the Next Level in Minutes
This video will take only 9 minutes of your time to dramatically enhance your images. Most important, it shows you how to use graduated filters in post-processing!
29. Six Lightroom Tips to Create MOODY LANDSCAPE PHOTOS
Edit landscape photos to get that moody look because it adds a sense of mystery to your scene.
Lightroom Mobile Tutorials
Learn how to edit images right on your mobile with the Lightroom app. It has a similar set of settings and an easy-to-use interface.
30. How to Edit MOODY BROWN – Lightroom Mobile Tutorial
Are you after cool, moody photo with a golden light? Then this video is for you.
31. LIGHTROOM MOBILE: How to EASILY Edit Photos LIKE A PRO
32. How to Edit Portraits Photo||Lightroom Mobile Tutorial
Get a professional, modern look for your mobile portraits using the Lightroom app.
33. How to Edit Teal Aqua & Soft Orange Tone – Lightroom Mobile Tutorial
Here is a tutorial that will show you how to make orange and soft aqua tones to your pictures.
34. How I Edit My Instagram Photos – Lightroom Tutorial
In this Youtube tutorial, Megan Smith shows how she edits her images for Instagram. So, if you are looking for a similar style, watch this.
35. How To: Edit Photos on Your Phone with Lightroom
Get a look similar to VSCO app but much more advanced controls with Lightroom mobile app.
36. Black Moody Cinematic Effect Lightroom Mobile Editing
Probably you are after that trendy, moody cinematic look. Here’s how to achieve that in just 4 minutes!
37. How to Edit Peach Tone in Lightroom Mobile
Perhaps you want a beautiful peach tone in your images which is perfect for summer. Learn how to do just that.
38. Tutorial – Dual Tone Effect | Adobe Lightroom Mobile Tutorial
This video will walk you through the process of adding a fantastic duotone effect on your photography. High contrast colors, for instance, Red and blue work the best for such kind of photo editing.
39. How to Edit MOODY GREEN | Lightroom Mobile Tutorial
Learn how to achieve amazing moody, green photo effect with this tutorial. For instance, this looks work best for portraits taken in a landscape or nature background.
40. How to Edit Bright Modern Portrait
Perhaps you are after a modern bright look for your portraits, then this is the tutorial to watch.
Advanced Lightroom Tutorials
Do you know Lightroom basics? Then watch these tutorials to take your post-processing skills to the next level!
41. How to Edit Like BRANDON WOELFEL
Brandon Woelfel is a well-known photographer because of his amazing night photography with cotton-candy colors. So, here is a quick tutorial which will help you mimic his editing style in Lightroom.
42. Lightroom 6 Tutorial – How to Create Signature Watermark in Lightroom CC
Adding a watermark is your best bet for protecting your images. Sn this tutorial let’s learn how to create a signature watermark in Lightroom.
43. How I Sharpen & Reduce Noise in Lightroom
Perhaps you wonder how professionals take crisp sharp images. Then you are in luck because this tutorial shows you the process sharpening and reducing noise in your image
44. How to Make an HDR Image in 2 Minutes
On this video, Peter McKinnon will teach how to create an HDR photo effect for your image in just 2 minutes.
45. How to Add Blur to Photos in Lightroom
Use Lightroom to blur your background so you can make them look like you took it with an f/1.2 .
46. Dramatically Shape the Light and Mood Using Adjustment Brushes in Lightroom
So you want those dramatic lights and modes in your photos? Then this video tutorial will teach you how to use brushes in Lightroom to enhance your images
47. Advanced Lightroom Tips for Professionals
Are you a professional photographer with some LR experience already? Then you should watch these top ten Lightroom tips for advanced users.
48. MASTER Split Toning in Adobe Lightroom
Learn how to use split toning in Lightroom. Adjust hue, saturation, highlights, and shadows to get stunning images.
49. How to Use Spot Removal Tool in Lightroom CC
Remove spots and unnecessary objects from your images using Lightroom because you should always tidy up!
50. Custom Light Leaks and Sun Flares Lightroom Tutorial
Learn how to create light leak and sun flares in Lightroom because they can give your portraits a pop
What tutorial do you like the best and why? Share your feedback in the comment field below.
Now that you’ve learned these tips for stunning photos, you’re a better photographer.
But the fact is, the journey doesn’t stop there. There are more tips, tricks, and secrets--all of which will help you take gorgeous photos.
And if you want to learn all of these secrets, I recommend you sign up for the PhotoBlog newsletter. We send our subscribers all sorts of great stuff--including the tips, tricks, and secrets, straight from the experts. All to help you capture world-class photographs.
Did I mention that it’s all totally FREE?
(Oh, and we’ll send you a natural lighting cheat sheet--designed to help you use light in ways you’ve never considered.)
So to start taking stunning photos, enter your email:
Download FREE Photography Lighting Cheat Sheet
Subscribe and get a free downloadable photography lighting cheat sheet