Miramont Castle [miramontcastle.org] was built in the late 1800??s by Jean Baptiste Francolon, who was the French Roman Catholic parish priest of Manitou Springs at that time. Francolon and his mother lived there briefly after which the Sisters of Mercy opened a sanitarium in the castle for many years and later a place of respite for visiting sisters. In 1946 the castle was sold and converted into apartments. In 1976 the Manitou Springs Historical Society bought the derelict property and restored it with the help of many volunteers. Miramont Castle is open to the public for tours and tea.
Christmas at the Castle Museum
by Marsha December. 21, 2009 4905 views