St Agnes Church, Freshwater Bay
- Posted Oct. 7, 2010 by Lynda Viewed 3195 times
- This is a migrated legacy post. Image resolution is low. Info
The church dates from 1908 and is by the architect Isaac Jones.
St. Agnes Church was consecrated August 12, 1908] It is the only thatched church on the Isle of Wight.
The stone used to build the Church came from an old and derelict farm house on Hooke Hill, Freshwater, and the date stone 1622 was incorporated into the vestry wall, thus rather misleading those who may think the Church belonged to the 17th century.
15 There are 15 comments, add yours!