The bishop of Munster, Bernard van Galen, suddenly invaded the east of the Netherlands. To prevent the bishop's passage to the north, a redoubt was erected at Lichtmis / Rouveen. But in 1774 the peace of Munster was signed and the redoubt was never completed and fell into disrepair. In 1809 it came into the ownership of Willen Jan Baron van Dedem, who had the redoubt canal filled in 1854.
In 2008 the star shape of the outer moat of the redoubt was excavated again