The reformed church in the Gelderland village of Vorchten is a Gothic church building with a Romanesque west side.
The church located on a mound was first mentioned in 1176. In that year, the bishop of Utrecht elevated Vorichten, which until then had fallen under Epe, to an independent church.
The oldest part of the current church is the tuff tower dating from around 1200. This is part of a reduced westwork (a tower with two narrow side wings) and is covered by a younger gable roof. The three-part west side is continued by an equally wide single-aisled nave, which probably dates from the early 13th century. The much higher presbytery dates from the 15th century. The church underwent a major renovation in 1856, especially the nave underwent changes. The nave and chancel are partly made of tuff, but largely of brick.
Against the east wall of the choir stall is a Renaissance pulpit dating from 1630. The organ dates from 1888 and was built by the Kamper organ builder Jan Proper. The bell in the tower was cast in 1641 by the Deventer bronze caster Hendryck ter Horst.
The church, which was originally dedicated to John the Baptist, has been in use as a Protestant house of worship since the Reformation.