The original covered bridge at this location was built in 1903 by A.C. Striker and was called Adams Bridge. The bridge was replaced in 1938 by Lane County for a cost of $2,449, and was renamed after a longtime local resident. A standard Lane County design element can be seen represented in this bridge: a small hooded opening on one elevation of the bridge for improved motorist visibility. The Earnest Bridge appeared in the movie Shenandoah, filmed in the Mohawk Valley during the mid-1960s. The movie company altered the bridge to reflect Civil War architecture, and then restored it back to the original condition in 1965. River: Mohawk River Length: 75 feet (23 m) Year Constructed: 1938 Nearest Town: Marcola Located on Paschelke Road just off Marcola Road near Marcola.
This Bridge was in a Movie!!