The Smeede Hotel
- Posted Nov. 16, 2008 by Tom in Urban Scenes. Viewed 4404 times
- This is a migrated legacy post. Image resolution is low. Info
Originally known as the Baker Hotel when it was Eugene's social center, it is in fine condition, though it is now the only 19th century building left intact in the center of downtown.
Baker's Hotel opened in 1885. In 1892 it was renamed the Hotel Eugene, in 1907 the Hotel Smeede and in 1914, the Smeede Hotel.
16 There are 16 comments, add yours!