Palace of the twenty-four columns ( 2 )

by Mikkal Noptek October. 06, 2012 4128 views

September 16, 2012

625 square meters wide, the waiting room was originally opened on the outside but, very soon after it was over, it was decided to close it with a window and a door with drum.

With the aim of improving the acoustics until then very inferior of the room, the operation of rehabilitation allowed to remove fabrics on paper of a pink tone with which walls had been covered in the 1960s, to stick on the walls an acoustic foam cover and to stretch out, to complete the decoration, silk panels of grey color at big foliages.
Two bronze statues melted at the beginning of the second Empire, leaned in the side walls after 1960, represent to the North the Law, represented by the goddess Thémis (Jean - Baptiste Klagmann's work), in the South the Strength under the features of the god Mars (Georges Diebolt's work).

Georges Diebolt, sometimes spelled Diébolt, (1816, Dijon - 1861, Paris) was a French sculptor best known for his publicly-commissioned monumental works, including the Zouave and Grenadier on the pont de l'Alma in Paris and the Maritime Victory on the Pont des Invalides.

  Be the first to like this post
Join the conversation
3
There are 3 comments , add yours!
Agnes Felber 8 years, 4 months ago

Very nice choice on the wallpaper, must be a great space to be in!

8 years, 4 months ago Edited
Josy 8 years, 4 months ago

spectaculaire !

8 years, 4 months ago Edited
Julie Domingo 8 years, 4 months ago

huge huge statues :) great collection

8 years, 4 months ago Edited
Up
Copyright @Photoblog.com