First of all I've chosen this picture because it shoes not only vehicles but the bridge and the road which are things you need to have a trip or something ;)
doing MOP idea's answering them:
- How do people get around in your part of the world?
Cars mostly…planes only to get out of the country
- Is private or public transport predominant?
it depends… mainly private..but there are alot of public transport in the city. not everyone wanna use the big expensive prices of the gasoline now!
- Is travel easy or difficult?
To me? well easy! as long as i've money! I've license! LOL but mainly it is easy for everyone
- What about transport over different terrains?
in each terrains there are specific transports! I love driving cars :)))
- Are there regular places that you travel to? Regular routes that you take?
In the summer = BEAAAAACH!!! oh yea, that's why i love to be lusitano! haha all over my country has sea, beaches (and bitches too) so that's our (main)regular routes…but there are river and parks routs as well ;)
- Are there places you cannot travel to? If so, what holds you back?
YES!PRIVATE PARKS AND PLACES…license or you gotta pay..i hate that. and i hate some streets you've to pay :( shouldn't the roads all be free? :(
- Is traveling seen as an end in itself or simply as a means of getting from A to B?
- What about transportation of other things, not just people?
YEEES, portuguese people love to make food at home and them put all of it in a ark, then goes to a Forrest and have a lunch and a snack over there! ^_^ at sundays you see alot of that ;)
- How much preparation needs to be put into traveling. Does it just happen or does it need to be planned?
well if you have GPS, nah! but if you're not going to use it, i use google maps…never disappointed me till time :)
the rest is food, and water! i'll survive!!!;))
other MOPers can be found: here [photoblog.com]