I was 19 yrs old when my friend & I set out to travel around the world. In this series of decades old, select images; I focus on my little French mini van. I purchased my Citroen deux chevaux in Amsterdam and drove it over 30,00km throughout Europe. I sold it in Athens a year later for a small profit.
This darling little van served as our hotel- we washed clothes in it, slept in it, ate meals in it, made friends in it, loved it!
Features of this little van:
- the seats could be removed and served as camping chairs around camp fires
- on top of the roof you will see a wooden door from a house. It was pulled inside on cold nights and served as a bunk bed. Otherwise one of us would sleep on it outside
- it had a lucky horse shoe on the passenger door. It worked!
- gas mileage was fantastic
- we carried a large 30 gal plastic trash can with us and filled it with soap, water and our dirty clothes. The sloshing action cleaned em up!
- it was so ugly it attracted attention and we made dozens of friends as we traveled.
- Her name was Klovey- a shortened version of a street in Amsterdam where she was purchased.