Holy Trinity Church

by Pakistan - پاکستø§Ù† September. 25, 2007 4823 views

Resembling more like a battlement tower than a House of God, this is the oldest and largest protestant Church in Sindh. It was begun in 1852 and consecrated in 1855. Designed by Capt. John Hill, to accommodate 800 worshipers, its square tower once rose to about 250 ft. In 1905 when the foundations showed signs of weakness, the upper portion was reduced to a height of 110 ft. The tower was also used in the past as a beacon tower, clearly visible to ships approaching the Karachi harbor.

Join the global network of friends for Free [crome.us]

Location: Fatima Jinnah Road, Karachi

  Be the first to like this post
Join the conversation
1
There is 1 comment, add yours!
Pakistan - پاکستø§Ù† 13 years, 5 months ago

Yes, this building is still used as a church.

13 years, 5 months ago Edited
Up
Copyright @Photoblog.com