Few days ago I shared my excitement about getting equipment for my B&W film developing project. Well, I spent whole last evening on it and I think it's a success! At least until I make scans and they will prove me wrong ;)
Right know I can say that two films I developed look as they should for me and I must wait 12 hours before I start scanning.
Few quick thoughts:
- It took very long... But thats because it was the first time for me - I needed to arrange all things before I started, prepare chemicals, prepare a string for hanging films to dry, check procedure and times, ands so on, and so on...
- Loading film on the tank spindle went ok, only problem was that for the first roll it was blocking itself half way in. A it turns out, I cut the beginning of it going trough sprocket hole and that caused trouble. Small additional cut and everything went smooth
- The tank itself and the spindles are really good and make loading film easier - they have little balls at the beginning of the grooves holding film. This is a part of winding mechanism that allows locking the end of the film and then just turning the halves of spindle to take it in. Simple and effective!
- Film recoverer - after short learing how to use it, it work great - I can easily get the tip of film from cartridge with lights on and save time and trouble of dissasembling cartridge and handling whole roll in complete darkness
- Film clips - they work as they should, although regular clothes pegs also do the trick - as you can see ;)
- I was not sure if I get until I opened the tank after first film - and there were images visible - what a great feeling!
- I developed second film after first one - and it went much, much faster. Half an hour from start to end. Having everything ready and knowing (even basic) workflow speeds everything up
I'm still waiting to be able to scan these. I hope final images will be good. I'll share qith you as soon as I will make them. See you! :)