Sunday I went to the grocery store hungry (I know a seriously bad idea) . I wanted to pick up some fruit for smoothies so I did. I grabbed a few different kinds of fruit. My daughter picked up some almond milk to try in her cereal so I decided to try that in the smoothies.
- 4-6 Large Ripe Strawberries (more if they are smaller)
- 1-2 Bananas
- 1/2 cup of Oatmeal
- 1 cup of Milk or Almond Milk
- 2 Teaspoons of Sugar or sweetener of your choice .
- 1/4 cup of Yogurt (optional)
- 6-8 ice-cubes (if you freeze the strawberries you can skip this)
Cut the fruit , add the rest of the ingredients to a blender cover and blend for a minute or two ; Until the mixture is smooth . Pour in a Glass and enjoy .
This was a semi healthy breakfast or snack . I think I will end up turning this into a short series of smoothies as if there is not enough smoothie recipes on the Internet .