- Posted Feb. 5, 2012 by Sofieverhaegen Viewed 1341 times
- This is a migrated legacy post. Image resolution is low. Info
On Sunday we (Tess, Elien, Hanne, Natalia and I) went to Kilmainham Gaol. Tess and Elien are also Belgian Erasmusstudents. Hanne is a friend of Tess who came to visit her and Natalia is an Austrian Erasmusstudent.
Kilmainham Gaol openend in 1796 and held prisoners until 1924. Then the jail closed and is now used as a museum.
The gaol has been used many times as a film location:
- The Face of Fu Manchu (1965)
- The Italian Job (1969)
- The Whistle Blower (1987)
- In the Name of the Fahter (1993)
- Michael Collins (1996)
- The Adventures of the Young Indiana Jones (2000)
- The Escapist (2008)
+ a music video for the U2 song ‘a celebration’ was filmed in Kilmainham jail: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ4n13FkEBk [youtube.com]
0 Be the first one to comment on this post!