Housing musing

by Aparna G Agnihotri November. 06, 2009 2048 views

Now here's what happened…
we've had a couple of showers in the last few days. Not heavy showers though. Yesterday morning onwards we got electric shocks from our taps. We all had such stressful moments when we wanted to operate any of our taps.
After a good investigation we realised late this afternoon this 40 year old wiring of this house had been nibbled by rodents…
We're not sure if it is rat, shrew or the squirrel however.

When there is strong sun the taps are alright and when the weather is damp the taps come alive !!!

The electricity meter

The rodent nest remains can be seen at the right hand corner under the grey box.

Nesting material…. and it turns out it is insulating too.

Nesting material stuck to the wire ……..and we really wonder didnt these little rodents feel the current???

40 year old wiring material all nibbled up

  Be the first to like this post
Join the conversation
2
There are 2 comments , add yours!
Gerd Korts 9 years, 11 months ago

nice reportage, made me smile,

9 years, 11 months ago Edited
Awesome Green 9 years, 11 months ago

ohh
that's why the electrician had come to ur home this evening

9 years, 11 months ago Edited
Up
Copyright @Photoblog.com