【On a gardener's hand, Lemon butterfly (Papilio demoleus), 無尾鳳蝶,在園丁的手上】
They said that the beautiful patterns of butterfly wings come from the color of scales. Once the scales fall off, they will not regrowth. Therefore I did not pinch his wings with my fingers. Instead, I gently touched his belly with my little finger, and he crawled onto my hand.
他們說,蝴蝶翅膀的美麗圖案來自鱗片的顏色。鱗片一旦脫落,它們是不會再生的。因此我不會用手指捏他的翅膀。相反的,我用小指頭輕輕碰他的肚子,然後他就爬到我手上了。


My fourteenth lemon butterfly (Papilio demoleus) crawling on my hand curiously on my balcony in Taichung, Taiwan 我的第十四隻無尾鳳蝶,好奇地在我手上爬。


The morning sun was shining down, shining on the butterfly on my hand. 早晨的陽光灑了下來,正照著我手上的蝴蝶。


He stretched out his straw as if showing off to me. 他伸長他的吸管,像是在向我炫耀。


I turned my palm up, so he climbed onto the thenar region. 我把手掌往上翻,於是他爬到了掌肉上。


He stared at me and said: Are you my little master? 他瞪著我說:你是我的小主人嗎?


"No, I am just a gardener who loves butterflies.", I said. 我說:不,我只是個愛蝶的園丁。


He tilted his head and seemed to understand. 他歪歪頭,似乎已經明白了。


I let him face the east sun. 我讓他迎向東邊的陽光。


Do you like to treat my balcony as your home? 你喜歡把我的陽台當作你的家嗎?


On my balcony, my fourteenth lemon butterfly was facing the morning light. 我的第十四隻無尾鳳蝶,在我的陽台上,正迎向早晨的陽光。
to be continued... (未完待續...)
Loved this series....so sweet. Photos are amazing. Once again, thank you for sharing these beautiful creatures with us
Glad you like this post. It's my pleasure!